If you want to be a barista, you probably ask yourself “Where can I find barista training near me?” The answer to this question may be even easier than you think. There are plenty of ways to get barista training. You can apply to a real-world barista training school, you can take an affordable online course, or you can get hired in a coffee shop and start your training there.
Let’s talk about each of these options.
Get employment in a coffee shop
Very often baristas land their first job before they even know how to operate an espresso machine or drew different coffee drinks. It all comes with learning and practice behind the counter. You will get your barista training at your workplace and be asked to serve desserts, or clean the area, until you get really proficient with barista equipment. When you learn how to make quality coffee drinks consistently and efficiently, you will be moved to the “frontline” of barista service.
Barista training school
It’s a good possibility if you have plenty of time and money. Most barista training schools are profit-driven, so you will need to have sufficient finances to afford this kind of training. It also has plenty of advantages: you get to work with real professional espresso machines and coffee shop equipment, not worry about the wasted amount of coffee beans and split milk. You will have a chance to talk to the coffee experts, learn from their experience and develop a good coffee palate.
Barista training online
The easy answer to the question “Where can I find barista training near me” can be taking an online barista training class. It’s a great idea if you have other responsibilities like college or family. And it will definitely save you tons of cash and time. After taking an online barista training course, you’ll have much more chances to get employed and a coffee shop and train with the real equipment. Don’t forget to mention the online barista training course you took in you barista resume and cover letter.
Here are the benefits of taking an online barista class:
- Convenience. The materials provided by Barista Training Academy are downloadable and can be reached from any place and any device. You can get your barista training at home, in your favorite coffee shop or while travelling.
- Affordable. The Barista Training Academy guide doesn’t cost much and it’s pretty affordable for teenagers or college students.
- Repeatable. If you take a real barista training course with a fixed schedule, you won’t be able to turn back the time and take a class once again. In this online barista training class, once you pay and download study materials, they will be yours forever. And you can come back to consult with them any time.
- Study at your own pace. Download the barista training materials and study any time anywhere. Take two classes in one day or put it off till next week – only you decide how you want to learn.
- Get ready for a barista job interview. Besides, giving you the most profound barista training checklist and coffee brewing tricks, we offer you plenty of tips about how to write your barista resume and cover letter. You won’t find it anywhere else in any other online or offline barista training course.
- Boost confidence. We have many motivational articles and materials, that will help you get the confidence you need to land your first job as a barista. We believe in you! That’s right 😉
- Lifetime client support. After you purchase Barista Training Academy guide, you will start receiving our regular email subscription with the latest barista tips, newest articles and videos. You can always contact us by email and ask anything you want to know about work as a barista.
Barista Training Academy is your premiere online barista training resource for learning how to be a barista, how to land a job as barista, and all the aspects of starting your career in retail coffee. For more information visit our blog.